The Cleveland Kidder range of Cartridge transducers for fixed shaft idler rollers provides a simple, accurate and cost-effective means of measuring the web tension in any continuous production or converting process
When fitted in pairs onto a suitable idler roller with fixed angle of web wrap, they provide a high level signal directly proportional to the total web tension regardless of web width, position on the roller, or web speed.
A self-aligning bearing accommodates angular misalignment caused by shaft deflection and longitudinal shaft movement caused by expansion.
Proven over 30 years of industrial use worldwide, CMC transducers are used to measure the tension in any material, any process, any machine; in fact virtually any application where accurate web tension is required to achieve maximum productivity.
Suitable for any design of fixed shaft roller up to 30mm diameter, smaller diameters can be accommodated with reducing bushes.
- Four popular body styles for quick and easy installation
- Integral overload protection to withstand tension transients
- Several force ratings to achieve wide working tension ranges from 10N to 1Tonne
- Internal temperature compensation for wide ambient temperature range
- High level output signal enabling long connecting cables
- Rugged steel construction requiring no external maintenance
- Negligible displacement maintaining roller alignment
- Angular and longitudinal misalignment capability ensuring freedom from measurement errors caused by roller deflection and expansion
Transducer Manual (Coming soon)
Transducer Manual with Kit BR-1T (Coming soon)
Transducer Manual with Kit PB-1T (Coming soon)